Thursday, March 13, 2008

LEIGHTON JAMES WANTS BARNSLEY TO BEAT CITY

While on the one hand, it's understandable for anyo0ne with a strong Jack allegiance to say that - I've no problem with it at all in general - LJ aka The Gorseinon Drunk Driving Lollipop Man cum pundit earns income on BBC and Unreal Radio by arguing with Cardiff fans who don';t get behind Swansea and Wales fans who can't support England.

Hypocrit is the word but that's Leighton for you.

LEIGHTON'S COLUMN FORM TODAY'S SOUTH WALES EVENING POST

IT'S A TOUGH ONE, BUT I'M BACKING BARNSLEY AGAINST THE BLUEBIRDS
Cardiff City and Barnsley are one step away from the FA Cup final, but who do I want to win?For Swansea City supporters I guess it is a no-brainer - 99.9 per cent of them will be wearing red that day.It would be the same if Swansea were in the semi-final - Cardiff fans would want them out.It's a difficult one to choose.On one hand, as a proud Welshman you want the clubs from your country to go as far as they can.Imagine the uproar if a Welsh team won the FA Cup and took it out of England.On the other hand, as a Swansea boy, you want Tykes boss Simon Davey - who is a Swansea lad - to do well too.I don't really know Simon that well but he played for Swansea at the Vetch.We always want to see our hometown products doing well, and I'm sure the people of Swansea will want him to reach the final.To see Cardiff in the final would be hard to take for Swansea fans.So, to be brutally honest, I think I'm behind Barnsley on this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.