Tuesday, March 25, 2008

THE CCFC TRANSFER NAME GAME

THE LOAN TRANSFER WINDOW - THE FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO BOOST PERSONNEL OR ADD A FRESH FACE FOR THIS SEASON - CLOSES IN JUST OVER 48 HOURS.

SO WILL CARDIFF CITY BE DOING ANYTHING???


Well they may yet prove me wrong - and I hope they do - but it's become noticeable to me that when we bring in a player, we don't know about it until he is signed - Fowler being the exception.
However recent transfer windows have been full of stories of the club admitting to making approaches for Earnie, XYZ player etc and we always end up signing nobody.

It's almost as if they want to try and appease us by saying they did try to do something when we end up with nothing although other clubs bring in personnel. Got to admit - my first thought when I saw the club confirming an approach for Chopra and (for the 4th or 5th time) Earnie when it appears we had nil chance whatsoever of either is that is was the usual "trick" of letting us down gently as nobody arrives in final window open this season.

I note Dave Jones suggests last night how it is now very unlikely we'll be getting anybody. Well I never.

If this runs true to form, expect the next comment, just after the window closes, to be that having Robbie Fowler back training is like having a new signing anyway.

No comments: