Sunday, March 23, 2008

THE JOY of TIX!!! (FOR WEMBLEY OF COURSE)

IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS - I HARDLY SLEPT, I WAS EXCITED BY LITTLE HAPPENING AND THEN I GOT MY PRESENT - MY TICKETS FOR WEMBLEY AND A F.A. CUP SEMI-FINAL WITH CARDIFF CITY'S NAME ON IT - OH YESSSS!!!

Today was the first chance for Cardiff City fans to get their hands on those most cherished of tickets, Ambassadors were guaranteed at least two and had four days to book but like the overwhelming majority, I couldn't wait at all.

(Picture left - queue from back of Grange to main gates at 6:10am)




Now I know there's a few days for Ambassadors but I was getting for a group of us and wanted to sort them early before it ate too much into Easter and I won't have the spare time after the weekend.

Got there at 10 past 6 and already the queue ran behind the Grange End onto Sloper Road and back to the main gates - others clearly thinking the same.

(Surreal - A packed Grange End but it's a ticket queue at 7:30am on a Sunday)


Now I know there's a few days for Ambassadors but I was getting for a group of us and wanted to sort them early before it ate too much into Easter and I won't have the spare time after the weekend.

Got there at 10 past 6 and already the queue ran behind the Grange End onto Sloper Road and back to the main gates - others clearly thinking the same.

The temperature was only a couple above freezing, the wind was bitter but there was quite good banter. By us, it was noisy - Dai Hunt was just behind and on form - curiously manic for a spell then tame - some reckoned it was medication kicking in, ebbing away.

The queue was then allowed to go along behind the Bob Bank terrace but held when the roof ends near the Canton Stand.A crazy sight seeing the Grange End almost packed before 8am but there were a few chants with the boys on the Grange and Bob goading each other into song - all surreal.

Big cheers when they finally opened the ticket office at 9 but you were only allowed outside it from the front of the Bob Bank in groups of 50 with a second group of 50 kept just inside the Bob Bank gates. I reckon there were 4-500 in front of me but it still took over 2 hours to move them and be served.



As I left, the Grange End was still packed, can't imagine any of them seeing the ticket office until later this afternoon.I'm just thawing out, my nads are like a walnut but I got great £35 tix on Row 6 in the upper tier about 1/3 of the way along the pitch so very worth it as far as I'm concerned.


(YES! WE GOT TICKETS AND THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL)

No comments: