Monday, August 25, 2008

READY EDDIE GO

In the aftermath of Cardiff City's home collapse against Norwich City and looking ahead to his likely debut in tomorrow night's Ninian Park Carling Cup Round Two clash against MK Dons, Eddie Johnson spoke about his reasons for giving football a try in South Wales.








"I learned a lot about Cardiff City because I followed their FA Cup exploits all the way."

"That was one of the reasons, when Cardiff City wanted me to join them on loan, I was so keen. From what I`ve seen, this is an ambitious club with a great manager in Dave Jones and a great bunch of players."

"This club enjoyed success last season and there is more to come. I want to be a part of that. Premiership football is the best in the world - and I still believe I can score goals at that level but I was in a difficult situation at Fulham because I wasn`t playing matches regularly."

"Cardiff City have given me the chance to show what I can do and I can`t wait to get started. Cardiff are a club I followed a lot last season when they reached the FA Cup final and they have offered me a fantastic opportunity."



Here's hoping EJ takes that opportunity.




.

No comments: