Monday, August 04, 2008

BOTHROYD IS A BLUEBIRD

After a weekend of visiting the area, talking to the club and then having his Italian missus have the final say, JAY BOTHROYD tonight completed a move from Wolves to Cardiff City for a package deal fee which could rise to £300,000.


Few doubt his talent but Bothroyd has never been a consistent performer and never seems to last long at any club. At 26, it is a big move for the player who is running out of opportunities.


Speaking in the MIDLANDS at the end of the season when Wolves confirmed they would be selling him, Bothroud acknowledged the general opinion of him: "I have my doubters, but I will prove them wrong. My aim is to show people I can fulfil my potential. Maybe it’s because of things that happened when I was younger that people have certain perceptions of me. I want to challenge those and prove them wrong.”


Obviously good with his words, Bothroyd made the right noises again with his statement after signing this evening with this quote - "'I am extremely pleased to have signed for such an ambitious club such as Cardiff City. I was very impressed by the plans laid down by the Chairman and Manager of this club. I have seen the passion and support this club can command and I am extremely excited by the prospect of pulling on a Bluebirds shirt. I would like to thank everyone concerned who have made this transfer possible".


He is City's 6th signing of the summer but, hopefully, not the last as Cardiff really do need a goalscoring forward and midfielder, in my opinion, if we are to push on this season. He is available for selction in City's Championship opener at home to Southampton this weekend but may firstly feature in a reserve friendly at Chasetown tomorrow.





No comments: