Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Cost of Following The City

Dean Hurley, a Cardiff City supporting pal of mine who is now going out with a very good CCFC supporting friend, and Phil Sumbler, a Jack I know well, tell all in today's Wales on Sunday of following our clubs and it makes for a scary read ... especially in the credit crunched, high fuel priced, high food priced times.

However as any committed football fan knows well, you find the money to support City and worry about it aftewards without stopping to think how much it costs and affecst your life.

A couple of years ago, I kept my costs tallied up for a season and shite myself to realise it cost me over £5,000 - my costs magnified by taking the children and my wife to some home and away games. Boy, could do with that money back now!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/08/03/footing-the-bill-91466-21455467/

No comments: