Tuesday, August 26, 2008

EARNIE'S 'DEVASTED' MISSING OUT FOR WALES ... again


Earnie - Those Were The Days!



Robert Earnshaw
told The Sun newspaper of his "devastation" of being dropped for Wales' imminent opening two World Cup qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Russia - immediately after being recalled into the squad for last week's Georgia friendly international.

Although nobody is saying it in public, there appears to be an obvious rift between Wales boss John Toshack and the player. Wild rumour has hinted Earnie's attitude at international gatherings don't help his cause but he hasn't really performed for his country, as he can, for a long time either and it's been a similar story in club football.
However his recent move to Nottingham Forest has already seen him grab 3 goals and it would be good to see the little man thriving again and then back in the set up.

Earnie told the newspaper,
"My international situation has been a strange one for the last six months or so, "You have to ask the question when you look at the Wales squad: 'Should Robert Earnshaw be in it?" (Bloody hell - you know he's 'big timing' it when he talks about himself in the third person!!)'

"I'm devastated, as I've always given everything for them and have a good record playing for Wales. I love playing for my country. I'm enjoying it so much at Forest, though. I'm playing well and scoring goals. That's all I can do and what I'll carry on doing to make it impossible to leave me out."


No comments: