Monday, May 12, 2008

TERRIBLE DAY at the OFFICE

If Friday was bad news and ominous, today brought my worst fears to fruition.

It is inappropriate at this stage to go into detail but it is now public knowledge that there will be 85 job losses - well over half the remaining workforce - at my workplace. My job, without a shadow of doubt, is likely to be one of them and I'm naturally worried and devastated.

Having worked there from the very start and several months before it commenced trading to the time it became established and highly successful, it almost defies belief that it has reached this stage but it is the victim of the current economic, money and housing climate that is the credit crunch.

How ironic that the bad week of my entire lifetime supporting Cardiff City coincides with the worst ever working week. Life's a bastard sometimes!

Picture Financial to shed half its workforce
ic Wales

No comments: