Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CHOPS "VERY UNLIKELY" TO RETURN TO CITY ... I know, his dad told me so

While most City fans made their way towards Wembley, I headed into the West End and after visiting Trafalgar Square, settlled into a bevvy in Leicester Square Yates'.

The West End was packed with Pompey, City fans were hardly anywhere to be seen and this olive skinned guy with the biggest Geordie accent wearing a City shirt asked me where the rest of us were.

He looked the spit of an older Michael Chopra so sat down and had a drink with us explaining Chops was with City and meeting the players and that he was loving it around the boys.

"So is he coming back then as the papers are suggesting it?" I asked him and I notice it is mentioned again in today's Echo.

"I don't know but I honestly can't see it" he said explaining Chops' Sunderland contract was lucrative and that he still has 3 years to go there. He wouldn't go into figures but it was obvious he's on silly money - I seem to recall talk when he moved that he managed to triple his pay?

City will do well to have a sniff of him but, surely, it could only be on loan?

His Dad was a top bloke and you got to respect the guy coming down to support us and wearing a City shirt to the game as well. Nice one Chops Senior. Can't imagime many player's fathers doing that, especially when their son isn't from the area and not with us anymore.

No comments: