Friday, May 16, 2008

SO THIS IS IT .... I'M OFF TO WEMBLEY


As I write this entry, it's still 1,948 minutes to kick-off of the F.A. Cup Final (yes, I am counting them all ... well maybe not) but it's time for me to get moving and up to London.
I'm staying there overnight in readiness for the big game to soak it all up and enjoy the occasion that just won't happen again in my lifetime. Aiming to be at hotel by late morning and into West End lunchtime and back there tonight just to see what's happening and mingle with other fans who will be around.
The team are apparently doing something they also did in 1927, heading to London by train at lunchtime today, no word yet on whether they're taking a black cat with them (know your 1927 history!).
The game will be tough but I truly believe in City and our team on their day, especially facing big opposition, will perform and not let us down. I can picture City bringing the Cup back even if we are underdogs - I'm sure going to enjoy a couple of bets with the prices they're offering on 1st scorer, scoreline etc which could fund the whole weekend if City pull it off - and have me crying like a baby.
Whatever happens, win or lose, I don't think I'll ever be more proud of Cardiff City than this weekend singing Abie With Me or the National Anthem. I've watched every F.A. Cup Final since I was 5 or 6 -I've even attended two before (albeit replays with Man U stuffing Brighton 4-0 and the classic Ricky Villa inspired Spurs 3-2 win over Man City) but it's always other clubs these happen to, not Cardiff City. Success to us, before this season, was getting to the 5th Round and that came once in a blue moon,
BLOODY HELL, WE'RE ONLY IN THE F.A. CUP FINAL!
There will be no blog updates until I'm back ... and sober. If we win, that could be a while then!
C'MON THE CITY!!!!

No comments: