Wednesday, January 02, 2008

MOVIE: I AM LEGEND


Went to Vue Cinemas in Cardiff tonight to watch the much talked about and hyped I AM LEGEND featuring Will Smith.

Have to admit I am not the greatest fan of the sci-fi genre and I really wasn't sure how a film would work with, essentially, just one character but this was emotional, gripping, tense, made you thinking and, in my humble opinion as a hopeless film critic, a fantastic piece of work.

Will Smith puts in the performance of his life - far different from his usual jovial roles - and the 100+ minutes of a film that was purposely slow in many parts still film by and had you totally captured by it.

The cinema was packed and I don't hear a single word or noise from the audience from start to finish, many still walking out in silence. It was that sort of film, I'd thoroughly recommend seeing it.

No comments: