Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Video of the Week - WEEZER's Beverly Hills

Not even I post something contemporary and this is hardly a new song but I came across the latest Top 100 singles and recongised hardly any of them (is it age or that you only need to sell 20 copies to make the singles chart?) and was drawn to Beverly Hills by Weezer jumping 60 places to # 59.

I wondered why a song from 4 or 5 years ago by a group who have faded from the psyche suddenly in demand and thought I may have missed a t.v. ad with it. I was close, it's being used to promote Beverly Hills 90210 - a new version of a cult teen series from 15-20 years ago.

I've also had a soft spot for Weezer, the crazy life of lead man Rivers Cuomo, and their excellent brand of geek rock pop. It's made me listen to some of ther back catalogue again. I've always loved Buddy Holly, Hash Pipe, Say It Ain't So, Island in the Sun (possibly their best known tune in UK thanks to a tv ad) and Keep Fishin' are all great singles in my opinion but with the vid for Beverly Hills shot at Playboy Mansion and the song being current, let's have a look eh?





No comments: