Saturday, January 17, 2009

The managers react to Birmingham City 1 Cardiff City 1

On the BBC website, Dave Jones and his Birmingham City counterpart Alex McLeish gave their reactions to this afternoon's 1-1 draw between the side when Cardiff were denied a richly deserved victory by the game's last kick.

Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish said: "I'm sure Cardiff will think it's tough on them but we threw everything at them at the end and we risked losing another goal to get an equaliser. And it paid off. I'm pleased for Lee, I'm delighted for him. He showed he's still got the legs and he's still got the energy. He found that wee bit extra to get in the box and find that equaliser at a crucial time for us. I thought we started really well and for 20 minutes or so we dominated. Cardiff then had a wee spell but I don't think either goal was really threatened. Second half, we never really got started, we huffed and puffed but Cardiff definitely dominated proceedings."



Cardiff City manager Dave Jones said: "It feels like we have lost at the moment but I'm having a moan at my players for the last ten seconds of a game which we have totally dominated. It was a special goal by Joe and the pressure was mounting on them. Someone told me that they were going unleash all of their big guns on us today but we forgot we have got some big guns of our own. You could see by the reaction of their crowd, the booing and moaning, that it was difficult for them but I was just disappointed we didn't see the game out."

No comments: