Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holiday on Ice, ROMANZA at Cardiff CIA



Valentine's Night and the missus wanted to see Kyran Bracken Dancing On Ice. Now I didn't mind that too much but she also wanted to drag me along to watch her do this!!

Holiday On Ice "Romanza" is at Cardiff CIA all week and it packs in the punters. For £60, we got shoe-horned into temporary stand seating around a temporary rink - the seats and the rows were packed tightly - but it was towards the front end of the rink where the key action took place. Your tend to forget how poor the seating was once the show starts and, I shouldn't really admit this, but I enjoyed it too as something different to do.

There was something like 40 ice skaters and dancers, some great sets and incredible costumes and costume changes as the show covered love through history but for the serious pieces like Adam & Eve, there were also plenty of light-hearted moments to with Gluttony, Popeye and Olive Oyl, Ken and Barbie, Spiderman and more. Those who sometimes watch Dancing On Ice on tv hoping someone will have a big fall, that's me!, there were also a few stumbles which I delighted in anyway. ha

Overall though, an excellent show and I earned some brownie points that I can use another time so good deal all round then.


Some pics are here:

No comments: