Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ninian Park New Keeper Crisis

The HEAT is ON


Cardiff City have been hit by a new goalkeeping blow as news emerges that Tom Heaton will be out for as long as 5 weeks with thigh damage sustained in the Arsenal F.A. Cup rout.

Ok, I give up, what does rhyme

with Dimitri Kostantopulous??


That it was only a rout and not a massacre was down to Heaton’s man of the match display for City in a game he returned to the side after being sacrificed following apoor defeat at Plymouth last November. The quip is that he was left so unprotected and faced so many shots that it was balls hitting him all night that caused the problem.



It represents a real problem for City as recent regular Peter Enckleman is also ruled out for a further 5 weeks following knee surgery and means that last week’s loan signing Dimi will step straight into the side at Wolves while untried Polish teenager Erwin Sak will be on the bench as he was at The Emirates. Some may feel it’s a blessing in disguise as Dimi has more experience and was recently starring at Swansea who were deperate to keep him before Cardiff moved in.

Elevated to the first team

.. and not facing the Sak!


Speaking to Wales Online, the 22 year old Heaton who also starred in a debut for England Under 21 (yes, I know!) last week said, “I’m absolutely gutted, I’ve had to wait for my chance and now this happens. I was pleased with the way I played at Arsenal, but hopefully I will be back as soon as possible.”

No comments: