Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bothroyd - ready, willing and able for the climax


In today's South Wales Echo, JAY BOTHROYD tell how he playing his best football ever at Cardiff City this season. Looking ahead to tomorrow's massive clash against Sheffield United at Parc Nin and reflecting on hitting double figures as a pivotal forward for "The City", Jay says, "“Cardiff have brought the best out of me”.


Clearly loving it, he adds, "I’m having a fantastic time and I’m definitely playing the best football of my career as Dave Jones has been great, but so has everyone, including the fans. 10 goals isn’t bad, but I’d love to score more. I have my own personal target, which I’m keeping to myself, but it’s far more important to contribute in every match. Whether I score or help set somebody else up, we benefit as a team.”


Jay, who has always had talent but never fiited anywhere to make the most of it for varying reasons and who I'll admit to being throughly gutted when news broke that Cardiff had signed him (but I love him proving my fears wrong) has been pushed hard by Dave Jones and its reaping its rewards.


Looking forward to tomorrow, Both says, "They (Sheffield United) are right up there with us in the table, but that’s great for us. I’d prefer to play teams who are around us rather than those fighting against relegation. It seems more enjoyable when you are playing teams who pass the ball around and play their football.”


Have'em Jay!!!

No comments: