Thursday, April 17, 2008

PERSONALISED NUMBER PLATES - What is the point???

Can someone explain to me why there’s a fascination to throw money away on personalised car number plates?

I’ve just never understood. I’ve got a few friends with them, many work-mates and I see them everywhere but what for???

Hundreds, even thousands, of pounds spent on having a car plate that looks vaguely like your name with 1’s made to look like I’s, 5’s made to look like S’s and none of it having any meaning to anyone other than you or your closest mates. It just seems the craziest, most pointless, fad.

Now comes news of a Welsh car plate auction where you can buy plates that look vaguely like DA IAWN, BORE DA, HUFEN IA and BARA MENYN!?!!?! The most expensive plate is expected to be WEL5H. Buy a Welsh football shirt if you want people to know, you muppet!!!


BBC Story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7349663.stm

No comments: