Sunday, December 30, 2007

MERTHYR MAWR - for a walk mawr!


Went to Merthyr Mawr sand-dunes for an extended walk to do something about the excess pounds on my belly - on top of the excess pounds already there! - and to get the stir-crazy mutt an over runabout along with the family.

I've only been in summer before and while I love it, it can be tortuous climbing the sand hills as the ground falls away beneath you in blazing heat between wind-protected dunes. Remember when Cardiff City used this as their pre-season training base?

I wasn't sure what to be expect but one of those non-expectations was having to pay to park. £1.50 and the place was buy too with a mobile snack bar now in place.

To my surprise, the walk was much easier with the sand damp and tougher in winter and the cooler weather. So enjoyable, we walked all the way to Ogmore Beach and back, I think I struggle to get halfway in summer.

If you're bored and looking for something different to do, I'd certainly recommend it. Got a feeling I'll be back there before long too.


Loads of pics here

View photos

No comments: