Friday, January 22, 2010

So what do you get if you do "Google" Ben Steele??

In the words of Edwin Starr's War ... Absolutely Nothing!

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself.
http://www.google.co.uk/



However the would be investor/new owner told the South Wales Echo, "“Anybody who Googles my name can see what I am about." Oh yeah??? Where???

Steele was apparently in Cardiff yesterday for a day of talks with Peter Ridsdale and may be at the Leciester City F.A. Cup game later.

However he continued his unusual theme of doing his talkiing through the newspapers upset by internet questions about his motives, whether he has the wealth and his ability.

Got to confess, I don't like the way he has conducted himself, my gut feeling is that he is a chancer (sorry, can't help thinking that) and the only thing we really do know about him is that he made a rather bizarre, farcical some would say, attempt to take on Southampton last year and flew out almost quicker than he arrived. Southampton fans and their Trust were left deeply unimpressed and this is bound to resonate.

However it is fair to say that there are plenty of City fans understandably willing to wait and see what happens next and how this develops, reserving all judgements until then.

Fact is however, if Steele had not run to the papers talking about himself and kept it all confidential, then nobody would be talking about him.

He was in a feisty mood responding to internet and messageboard criticisms, some of which have come from me so my neck and gut feel is on the block! ;>)

“I seem to be getting abuse from a few Cardiff City fans. Why? They don’t know me and don’t know much about me. They ask do I have the money? If I have, where did I get the money? And there are detrimental comments from people who don’t know what’s going on."

“That disappoints me. I was angered by some of the comments made by people who simply don’t know me and don’t seem to want to give me a chance. I have sold an awful lot of cars over many years and I am into property investment and development. It’s not a secret, but I did get a bit wound up after looking on the internet.”

Steele repeated he has the money to buy the club but, for the first time, suggested he will not rush into any deal.

Meantime, Cardiff City claim to still be talking to Malaysians and Amercians, the transfer window shuts firm in 9 days (Peter's parade of new players seems as far away as ever) and the tax winding up order is due to be heard in 18 days.

There's a ticking time bomb and the fuse is getting shorter!!

No comments: