Cardiff City utility youngster Darcy Blake is back with the club after his inital loan spell at Plymouth Argyle ended but is aiming to return.

Argyle would dearly love to keep the club until the end of this season - and Cardiff are certainly happy to go along with that - but the Devon club have a current transfer embargo and cannot take any player until it is lifted.

Talking to The Herald newspaper in Plymouth, Blake said, "Hopefully, it will be sorted out before long so I can get back ... Paul Mariner told me he wanted to keep me, but something had happened and he couldn't sign me. He said as soon it was sorted out he would phone me straight away. That's all I know."

"Hopefully, Cardiff won't send me out on loan to another club and things with Plymouth are sorted quickly. I definitely want to come back because I have really enjoyed myself here. It's fingers crossed now."


** Other City loan players back with the club are Warren Feeney and Darren Dennehy after loans at Sheffield Wednesday and Hereford ended, neither player made a favourable impression in their time away. Tony Capaldi remains on loan with League One leaders Leeds United until later in the month and is hopeful a permanent move may be struck.