Friday, January 01, 2010

McPhail back in the fold


There hasn't been much good news around Cardiff City recently so how brilliant is it to hear that Steve McPhail is back training with the Bluebirds and could even be back in the squad before the end of January.



McPhail was diagnosed with cancer after a growth was discovered in his neck and he admitted to being poorly after treatment but it appears to have been worthwhile and successful.

Macca told the South Wales Echo that, "I finished my treatment on Christmas Eve and everything is good, I will be in recovery mode for the next couple of weeks, waiting for my immune system to get back working properly again."

After going home to Ireland for Christmas for the first time in 12 years due to his football career. McPhail added, "I want to be playing and maybe I will in three or four weeks, that’s the aim anyway. The old year has had it’s ups and downs for me, but it’s a fresh start now. I can’t wait to get back and help Cardiff push on in the quest for promotion.”

No comments: