Friday, January 29, 2010

Chops attacked at the Toon

This morning's Daily Mirror are reporting that Cardiff's Michael Chopra was attacked by a Newcastle fan whilst watching them on Wednesday night.

It's claimed the striker was asked to have his photo taken with a home fan who then turned, asked his "What's it like to play for Sunderland?" and spat in his face. Chops apparently hit the man back and the fan was removed.

Chopra said: “He spat in my face and I did what I had to do to defend myself. He was bang out of order. He asked me for a photo and I agreed to that but then he started videoing me and asking me why I had played for Sunderland and what it was like to play for them. He spat in my face and called me names and then I had to get him off me. I don’t know if anyone from the club got hold of him after that but I did not involve the stewards or the police. The fan was completely out of order. All I did was get him off me."

No comments: