Thursday, August 06, 2009

Is McCormack's nose growing or are his pants on fire?


"Oh shit, I've been sussed"


If he wasn't a City player whose behaviour and respect for the club and fans weren't completely beyond the pale, you'd have to laugh at how two faced and ridiculous Ross McCormack has shown himself to be.

When he accepted a 4 year deal doubling his pay to £12,000 weekly at the club last month, McCormack went out of his way to telephone Chairman Peter Ridsdale and thank him for doing the deal. He went on record saying how, "“I want the opportunity to go that step farther than we did last season, along with all the lads, I’m really pleased to have sorted things out.” and bragged about how his commitment was underlined by signing a deal with no release clauses.

Before the ink ran dry, Ross then phoned Peter Ridsdale to inform him that he wanted to talk to any Premiership club if an approach was made but while he denied leaking a story about a tranfer request to Sky Sports, or askign for transfer, his agent remained mysteriously quiet.

As Portsmouth and Hull showed interest, Ross openly stated he would be happy to talk with either but his antics had now undone all the good work and respect earned with City fans and he was roundly booed and abused in a friendly at Swindon Town.

The player did appear to get his head down as no deal emerged and received a warm ovation in the Sevilla friendly last week but he was taking a rest before Round 2 showing his true colours this week.

On Tuesday, Hull Daily Mail carried an exclusive interview with McCormack in which he again confirmed he would like to link with them but that Cardiff were pricing him out of a move.

Under more flack, he took the unusual step of issuing a comprehensive denial and pledge on the official Cardiff City website "I'm happy here and I want to stay. I don't know where those quotes have been dug up from. Everyone seems to think that I don't care about Cardiff and I want to leave, but that's not the case. I'm happy here, so is my fiancée, and we're looking for a new house. I'm upset at these reports. I'm happy and not planning to go anywhere."

He did, though, add a caveat that, "E
veryone knows the situation. I had a conversation with the chairman and said that if a Premier League club came in for me, I'd like the chance to speak to them."

Ross however has reached the stage where the more his opens his mouth, the more he embarrasses himself. Hull Dail Mail found themselves gobsmacked by his claims and today responded to his denial in emphatic fashion.



Reporter Jon Mattos felt compelled to set the record straight and leave nobody under any illusions about his source for the story.


The interview was conducted by sports reporter Jon Mattos, who said at no time was any of the conversation explicitly termed off the record. "This was an open conversation and Ross co-operated entirely. We chatted for about 20 minutes, he was very pleasant and we even talked about his friendship with Darryl Duffy and the new stadium at Cardiff. At the end of the interview we wished each other well and at no time did I attempt to manoeuvre Ross into saying something he didn't want to say."


I wouldsay this was probably the final straw but that's likely to be this weekend when McCormack will be involved in the Cardiff City vs Scunthorpe Championship opener where sections of the support will surely let him know their feelings about the way he has conducted himself.

After that, all signs are McCormack will leave the club early next week for Hull City for a £3.5-£4M fee. Whether it's a dream to join a club who already look doomed to relegation in 9 months remains to be seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.