Monday, June 01, 2009

Video of the Day - CANDYSKINS, Monday Morning (live on TFI Friday)


I've been lax updating Videos of the Week so to make up for it, I'm posting a Video of the Day this week (sorry!). There's a theme to it starting with today's Monday Morning by Oxford's The Candyskins.


A criminally underrated and ignored group, it's hard to explain why they never made a breakthrough. They worked hard, had the songs, the look, wrote classic indie pop rock, had the contacts and came from a city with a proven track record - indeed, a couple fo Radiohead memebers were hugh fans of The Candyskins and a couple of them are now involved with Radiohead.


Sunday Morning Fever is an album I'd heartily recommend listening to as it spawned many great songs. Monday Morning wasn't my personal favourite but it provided them with their biggest chart hit.

Got good memories of my personal discovery of them supporting Del Amitri then watching them several times in their own right including playing their home town. Nick the lead singer was so impressed by hearing about me setting off from home to watch Cardiff City play at Rochdale then to Oxford to see them that he started e-mailing with me.


Unfortunately, I can't embed the video this time so click the link to see them play a great tune live.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI6RWaACzgw

No comments: