Tuesday, December 09, 2008

IT's MY BIRTHDAY and I'LL SIGH IF I WANT TO

Now, THAT IS a Birthday Cake!!


Another candle on the cake of my life today and it's a big effing cake these days to fit them all on. I've reached the age where my birthday means more to other people than myself and the best present would be a City win at Burnley tonight. The missus wants to take me for a birthday meal so I'm making take me lunchtime to be home to listen to the game.

One perennial disappointment about my birthday is the lack of credible celebs who share the date with me. Every year, I hear I have the same birthday as Donny bloody Osmond, terrific. The only other muso is Joan Armatrading but nobody bothers mentioning her anymore and few know who she is anymore. Wait a mo, I've just discovered Tre Cool of Green Day shares the date, now I feel better!

There was a movie icon in Charlton Heston but he's dead so I'm left with Dame Judi Dench, John Maklovich (who's more known to me for partly owning a Cardiff hotel) and a bloke who played Worf (whoever/whatever his/that is) in Star Trek.

Sports stars - there are none that I know of but I'm sure if there is, it'll be a midfielder for Accrington Stanley.


STOP PRESS - I've now found out that Cardiff City's Steve McPhail of all people has his birthday today so he's suspended and at home for his birthday. Better than an Accrington Stanley midfielder although not too often this season, if at all!!!

No comments: