Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A TYPICAL KAIRDIFF REACTION to the O'NEILL'S FIRE

From the BBC website - it's almost like Viz Letters!


Went for a walk at lunch time to Borders book store to get a book, saw all the staff milling about outside.Went further up to Waterstones and saw the same thing.The cloud of smoke then gave the situation away, but i think the staff in Borders a good 300+ metres away are having a slighty to cheeky fag break. Annoyingly havent got my book.Hope nobodies been hurt.chris l, cardiff
It took us a while to realise there was a fire blazing down the street. The Hayes is constantly full of smoke and debris at the moment with all the construction work going on opposite us.. ashli todd, cardiff


I work in a marketing company about 100 metres from the fire, and we were all evacuated, and the smoke was unbearable and stang our eyes. hannah michaels, cardiff, wales


We're in the cinema a couple of streets away and can still smell the smoke inside the auditoriums.Emma, Cardiff


...and there was I looking forward to bangers and mash at O'Neills this afternoonRobin Friday, Cardiff, Wales


Is the pet shop in Cardiff market ok? I hope the animals have all been evactuated and nobody forgot them!Ernie J, Cardiff, Wales


Sat in work literally 100 meteres away from O'Neils and went to walk to town for lunch and saw the smoke pourng out of the windows of'neils, didnt expect to see that, hope everyone is fine but put a bit of excitement into a sleepy cardiff day.Alex, Cardiff


Is the pasty shop ok?Pete,


I got caught in the smoke so bad during my lunchbreak, it choked my throat and burned my eyes ... when I returned to work, everyone told me how badly I smelt because of the smoke, so I had to go and buy a new shirt ... gutted!Gareth, Cardiff


the smell was horrible and the smoke was like fog.there was no roof on o'neills and fire men was trying to blow the fire out but im glad no one was hurt.the fire nearly burned the market and im glad it didnt thank god every one was okgemma leigh mccarthy, cardiff wales

No comments: