Sunday, June 15, 2008

MAKE MY DAY JONESY says EASTWOOD



In a week where Dave Jones went on record as saying he didn't believe Freddy Eastwood wanted to join Cardiff City but he was looking for bigger and better players anyway, Eastwood spoke to the media about how he would be more than happy to be with The Bluebirds.


The adopted Welshman signed for Wolves for £1.5M last summer but despite being appreciated by fans, boss Mick McCarthy has not rated him and has him on the transfer list.


In today's Wales on Sunday, Eastwood is quoted as saying, "I need to get away from Wolves and play - and Cardiff would be a very good move for me. They would be attractive to anyone. They got to the FA Cup final and have got a lot of good young players - you only have to look around the Welsh squad to see that."


"They have brought a lot of good players through and I know they had a little bit of a difficult season in the league, but they showed what they can do by getting to the cup final and in the end they were unfortunate not to win it. So anyone would fancy something like that. I have had my problems with Wolves but I have shown what I can do at international level, and I know I can do the same at club level if I get the chance."



In this game of verbal tennis, the ball is now back in Dave Jones' court.

No comments: