Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CARDIFF WAGAMAMA RESTAURANT VISIT


Went to the latest addition to the Cardiff Bay eating scene this evening, Wagamama - an Asian styled noodle restaurant which has taken off around the UK and this is their first venue in Wales.


Got to admit, part of the reason I went is that it's 2 Meals for 1 all month if you print off a voucher at this link > http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Down-time/2-for-1-at-wagamama/v2


It only opened last month and is upstairs at Mermaid Quay with an entrance downstairs between restuarants facing the Millennium Centre.


The weather wasn't good and the Bay wasn't busy but Wagamama's was packed but we got a table straight away. It's open, spacious and with minimal decoration but is seen as trendy as that's the crowd they pull in, lord knows what they thought of me then! Having said that, I bet most were there on 2 for 1 vouchers anyway!


It was my first time in this sort of place and the menu was minimal - either noodle, rice or curry dishes. The staff were very friendly and every meal is freshly cooked but this does mean your food could arrive before your friend or partner, that's the way it is.


Fortunately, food for the other half and myself arrived pretty quickly after each other and it was excellent. I had teryaki steak noodles, my missus tried chickle noodles both were enriched with various additions and flavours and bloody gorgeous. Filling too.


My meal cost £12, my wife's cost £7 which is about the average cost per meal and a side dish was £4 so came to about £20 with drinks and the discount voucher but would have been nearer £30 otherwise.


Would I go there again? Yes definitely - although in truth probably only when the offer gets repeated which is regularly. I don't think it would have been worth £30.


Well worth a visit though and a refreshing change from the usual resturants and foods.






No comments: