Friday, November 02, 2007

Calzaghe - Huge Fight Tomorrow

With City's game at Blackpool this weekend deferred until mid-December, one bonus of that is that I am now able to attend the JOE CALZAGHE vs Mikkel Kessler fight at Millennium Stadium with the added bonus that, after City's recent results, it does give me the chance to experience some atmosphere too.

I love attending boxing and this will probably be the 50th I've time I've attended to support Welsh boys over the years including Kelivn Smart, Robbie Regan, Steve Robinson, Nicky Piper and, of course, Joe. Being present at his mauling of Jeff Lacey in Manchester will forever be one of the greatest sporting nights on my life. It looked extraordinary on tv, being there was an experience and night I will just never forget. It's covered elsewhere in the blog.

Tomorrow is just as big a fight. Two men with big reputations and unbeaten records, both holding different versions of the World title. Can't wait!

Joe's pre-fight thoughts
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5g4XtFGONTVofTob7XBvdR9sNTPqw

No comments: