Friday, August 06, 2010

Koumas so happy to be back with City and Dave Jones ... but not ready to play


JASON KOUMAS has given his first official interview after returning to The Mighty Mighty Bluebirds telling Cardiff City player (the video section of the official club website) that it was the only place he wanted to be.


Hoping to rekindle his hugely successful loan 5 seasons ago, the 30 year old said, "It`s great to be back, it's probably been a long time waiting to be honest and I can`t wait to get started. I`ve had a bit of a tough time at Wigan, especially the last few months. I`ve been injured, been out a lot. I`ve just gone a bit stale there. It was agreed that I wanted a change. I spoke to Dave Jones quite a bit and told Wigan there was only one place I will go to and that was Cardiff."


So why Dave Jones?


"He just lets me play, he gives me a freedom. I enjoy playing for him, he`s got great coaching staff. He is the reason I`ve come back here - it`s definitely Dave Jones and I can`t wait to get started again."


However Koumas revealed that he is upto 10 days away for playing so will not feature in Sunday's league opener at home to Sheffield United, Tuesday's Carling Cup tie with Burton Albion and possibly next weekend's first awayday at Derby County.


Nevertheless, welcome back Jase!

No comments: