Friday, February 19, 2010

More Dark Days at Cardiff City - local press banned & a new winding up order?


I don't think we'll be allowed to concentrate on the football only at Cardiff City anytime over the remainder of this season and, quite likely, beyond that too.


Wales Online this morning carried an interview with Bluebirds boss Dave Jones after he met reporter Mark Bloom earlier in the week and opened up, for the first time, on his feelings over the so-called 'Golden Ticket' farce in which supporters £3M for advance season ticket sales were apparently used to clear debt and he did not get promised funds for new players.

It seemed a good interview, a fair and balanced piece and was mainly dominated by Dave Jones' quotes such as these;

“I was let down and angry, I am disappointed with what happened because I didn’t get what I wanted.”

“I have a working rapport with the chairman. I can have an argument with the chairman on anything, but I will not let things fester because that is when things break down. Of course I’m disappointed, of course I’m angry. I’m sure the chairman is too, because he couldn’t give me what I wanted."

“I have not fallen out with the chairman. Have I had arguments with him? Yes, over a host of different matters, but I have arguments with my coaching staff, too. That’s the way it is."

“My rapport with the chairman has not changed one bit. I was not happy with what went on. I think everybody was let down. Even the chairman senses he let people down because he couldn’t do what he wanted to do. Look, it was a massive letdown, I don’t think people realise how big it was. I had discussions with the chairman – but what can you do? He is down because of everything that has gone on while he is in the hot-seat."

“I have never thought of walking away from this job. There are a lot of things I have locked horns over and the hierarchy have said no to, not just the chairman but also the board. So, while you are disappointed, you get on with the job.”

However it would appear the Gaffer took exception to the interview being published. Despite admitting that he was not misquoted, he was reportedly abusive and banned Wales Online - Echo and Western Mail newspapers - from a press conference while confusion currently reigns over whether they are also banned from matchday press facilities.


As if that isn't sideshow enough, more (so far unconfirmed) reports this evening tell of a new winding up order by a Gwent based catering company apparently owed £700,000 for catering equipment supplies at the new stadium. It is well known privately the list of contractors and creditors for the new stadium are long and wide but this one may just head the list.

More as it arrives.


Tomorrow, City with their depeleted squad and walking wounded, take on Barnsley lookingfor 3 points to stiffen their play-off challenge under almost impossible circumstances and aiming to avenge a last kick of match defeat at Oakwell earlier in the season.

No comments: