Thursday, November 26, 2009

McPhail overwhelmed by public support


Steven McPhail took time out today to thank the public, Cardiff City and all football fans for the incredible support he has received since it was confirmed last Friday that he was fighting cancer.

The good news is that his lymphona was discovered early and he should make a full and fast receovery but it is very rare in men and even rarer in young men. So it was a complete shock.


However Macca is very positive and put this on record.

"I've been overwhelmed by all the texts, e-mails and other messages of support. Please thank everyone on behalf of me and my family.

"My treatment starts next week and I can't wait to crack on with it and get back to playing next year. The messages have been a great help. Cardiff City fans have been at the forefront, but people have been in touch from all over the world.

"People who have had a similar condition to mine have been in touch to tell me about their experiences, and that's been a great help.I've even had people come up to me on the street to wish me all the best. I can hardly believe how good people have been to me.

"I've even had a few goodwill messages from Swansea fans."


Good Luck Steve McPhail.

No comments: