Monday, November 23, 2009

McCormack critical of City's Oakwell display




When teams lose and play poorly, it's common place for manager and players to close ranks and claim they were unlucky, didn't get the rub of the green or how they win and lose as a team.


Not so Ross McCormack who told Wales Online exactly what he thought about Cardiff City's efforts in a dismal defeat at Barnsley on Saturday -is it a rare spell of refreshing honesty or is McCormack making waves again with the transfer window soon to re-open as some City fans will speculate?


Either way, I was at the game and can't argue with McCormack's thoughts which include;
“I don’t think it was too tough a game to be honest, I just think we made hard work of it, and we got a real sucker punch at the end of it with the goal. It was a bit windy, but that can’t be used as an excuse for not passing the ball. If you play the long ball to two little guys then nothing is going to happen. I was disappointed at the service, disappointed to be taken off, just disappointed all round really."

The weekend proved conclusively that McCormack and Chopra can't play up front together and with Jay Bothroyd likely to return at home to Ipswich on Sunday, McCormack may well be returning to the bench and he's can't be happy about that. Is that what he had in mind when he added, "Personally I’ve had two starts now, but I’m not taking anything for granted. I’ve obviously signed a four-year deal here and like anyone I just want to be playing football".





McCormack said the Bluebirds need to bounce back against Ipswich on Sunday.

And he insisted after a summer in which he was linked with a move away from the club he was now looking to fight for his place in the Cardiff side.

“Two games now and two defeats, so the Ipswich game of course becomes important to us now,” added McCormack.

“We’ve just got to try and put this defeat behind us and move on to the next one.

“Jay had a slight tear to his hamstring, but he should be back for the Ipswich game.

“Personally I’ve had two starts now, but I’m not taking anything for granted.

“I’ve obviously signed a four-year deal here and like anyone I just want to be playing football.”

No comments: