Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pain in the Neck - McPhail out for Palace game


The official Cardiff City website (www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk) has this evening confirmed that midfielder Steve McPhail - who has been in prime form recently - will be absent for Saturday's home encounter against Crystal Palace due to recovery after an op to remove a growth in his neck as hinted on this blog early today.

McPhail told the official site that,"I knew I had to have the operation to remove a growth in my neck ... and expected to be out for 10 days or so, which would have meant I was available to play against Palace but the operation took much longer than expected because the growth was much bigger than they thought. A sample has been sent away for tests, but I'm told there's nothing to worry about". However McPhail hopes to return for the game against Coventry City on Tuesday.

Cardiff now hope to call up Joe Ledley but he missed Wales' World Cup games with a hip injury.

No comments: