Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eddie Johnson wants Fulham exit to get to World Cup

Eddie Johnson, in a truly awful season on loan at Cardiff City where he became loved as a comedy figure rather than football finess depite improvement and a couple of goals, showed he wasn't really up to Championship football.


It's therefore no major surprise that now back at Fulham, he's managed just 22 minutes of Premiership football this term in 2 substitute outings.


However with America set for World Cup 2010 in South Africa, Eddie has that in in sights telling reprters that, "Every player wants to play for their country in the World Cup, and I haven't been a part of the US team as much as I used to be before I came here. I've been out of the set-up for a while - my last cap was seven months ago. There's a lot of players ahead of me in the pecking order, but I just need to keep working hard."

"The US manager already knows what I can do, it's just a matter of me playing regular, first-team football. I want to be playing week in, week out, because it's going to help my confidence. If it means going on loan or getting some game time here, then so be it."


That's fine Eddie but please don't come back to Cardiff!

No comments: