Saturday, May 02, 2009

DREW BARRYMORE & DEVO GO THEIR SEPARATE WAYS

Davo's Mark Mothersbaugh has revealed he got hired and fired within a fortnight for the music score on a film named after Devo's biggest hit and best known tune, "Whip It!" due for release at the end of this year after a bust up with its unreliable director and film star Drew Barrymore.

The film, about an indie chick and roller-dervy (sounds thrilling - erm, no) was to feature Mothersbaugh as its score composer but he told OMG Yahoo laughing away how, "She hired me and fired me in all of like two weeks, I got snippy with her. She cancelled out on showing up at the studio three times and I kicked Devo out every single time and had an engineer come in and set up the studio and the third time I got pissy with her on the phone. And she said she just doesn't think our styles work together. So I got fired."

Her loss, DEVO's gain!

No comments: