Wednesday, November 19, 2008

R.I.P. MAC

My father-in-law passed away today and it's a strange feeling. Mac (as he's known) had a good life and good innings and survived terminal cancer for almost 2 years, far longer than anyone expected. However the end came quickly and without great notice so proved a shock.

An irony is that my wife's large family are quite fractured but it takes something like this to get everyone pulling together and it's great to see. I'm not even sure if they know why they don't talk, I don know it's for nothing major or important. Families eh? Whether this will last is dubious I'd say but you do wonder why some people go out of their way to avoid others and then talk and greet each other like best friends ever when the chips are down. I'm sure Mac will like what he sees at present though. RIP Mac.

No comments: