Monday, January 02, 2006

CITY TAUGHT 3 R's @ MADEJSKI

... A RIGHT READING ROASTING!



Easy trip down the M4, flew over the Severn Bridge and, in not ime, there it was ... (Rhys) Weston Super-Mare!

Instead of watching the Mighty Mighty Bluebirds, I spied the Newport County team coach going alongside me into Weston. They lost.

Meantime, great game of footie on the beach. Ok, I don't have my pace anymore and am carrying more than a few excess pounds but my touch is still there and my finishing was immaculate, asa deadly as my half-time Ninian Park kick.

Only two downsides to the visit, the pier is closed until next month and I was held up at the Severn Bridge coming home by heavy traffic, mainly bloody Cardiff City fans coming back from Reading, miserable looking bunch, the lot of'em!

Anyone would think, like me, they hadn't been lucky enough to buy a ticket before our allocation had sold out so missed the game themselves instead of being privileged enough to see it. After all, they didn't have to slum it in Wurzle-land as an alternative, I did.

Ah well, my loss! :>)


For the record, City were slaughtered 5-1 by runaway leaders Reading. We were awful, they were fantastic, one of those days. I was lucky enough to miss the game!!

No comments: