Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Ledley - he's out of our league


One of the nationals claim Celtic have offered him in excess of £20k weekly. That's about the minimum I expected bearing in mind they get him for free. It's still a bargain package.


However, as I suspected, he's not rushing any decision and is apparently going on holidays to Portugal for a while anyway. He may yet also visit clubs in Greece (Panathanaikos) and Turkey (Galatasary and Fenerbache) as well as Rangers having also been to Roma in Italy. He's either collecting AirMiles or getting as many bargain flights with Ryanair as possible!


It's interesting that with so many Premier League clubs reportedly interested, none seem to be making any move so far while this is going on.



Personally, as much as I'd love Joe to stay, I don't believe we could or should compete with those sort of wages and I suspect Joe is just not willing to spend another year in the Championship, he's ready to push on now.



I just hope he makes the right football choice, not the richest money choice and, of course, I do hope he goes tro the Prem and Cardiff City get some benefit from it too.

No comments: