Friday, October 28, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CITY of CARDIFF, 100 TODAY!!!


Happy Centenary my hometown - it's 100 years today City status was ganted to Cardiff.

I don't know if they get a telegram off The Queen but the total non-publicity and lack of awareness surrounding it is quite incredible. In fact, I didn't even realise myself until I drove along Eastern Avenue earlier and noticed the roadside display signs displaying the message. The Echo, in fairness, have devoted a couple of pages to it and BBC Wales have mentioned it. Other than that, blink and you'd miss it. Half the city doesn't even know.
Cardiff likes to regard itself as a major city and wants to become an outstanding European capital yet passes up an opportunity like this to promote itself.
If this was anywhere else, I get the feeling there'd be parties and all sorts of events going on. What a shame we do nothing.
Ah well, PENBLWYDD HAPUS CAERDYDD

No comments: